What personal information do I collect from the people that visit my blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on my site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do I collect information?
I collect information from you when you register on my site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on my site.
How do I use your information?
I may use the information I collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for my newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow me to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve my website in order to better serve you.
- To allow me to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do I protect your information?
I do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
I only provide articles and information. I never ask for credit card numbers.
I use regular Malware Scanning.
I do not use an SSL certificate because I do not collect any financial information or process any payments directly on my website.
Do I use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. I may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on my behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly (the ability of the shopping cart to hold information before checkout as you browse from page to page).
However, you will still be able to place orders over the telephone .
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless I provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or serving my users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce my site policies, or protect my or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third-party products or services on my website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
I use Google AdSense Advertising on my website.
I have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
I, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to my website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, I agree to the following:
Users can visit my site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to your account
How does my site handle Do Not Track signals?
I honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does my site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that I allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
I do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices I will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
I will notify you via email within 7 business days
I will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
I also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
I collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to my mailing list or continue to send emails to my clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, I agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of my business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and I will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
#157, 314-222 Baseline Road
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 1S8
Last Edited on 2016-08-22